Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Oregon Votes Today

I am sitting at my computer waiting for my girl to come home from work. You'd think that after spending an entire day sitting behind a computer that I might find something else to do, but not so much.

Barack is on the radio barking out a fabulous speech from Iowa. I heard about him for the first time about 4 years ago. It was a speech he gave at the Democratic convention during John Kerry's bid for president that caused me to pull my car to the side of the road to really listen and be with him during his conversation.

Tonight is an equally impressive speech. I like what Obama is about. The fact that he will say in a speech that parents need to turn off the TV and read to their kids is impressive in my opinion. In ten years someone had better tell me to turn off the computer and read to my children!

But he's really a fantastic speaker and I think he will inspire others to work their asses off when he becomes president. And that is what it is all about ... inspiring people ... delegating activities. Too many people think the president should be a patriarch of our country ... like some southern family ... but I don't think that. They need to inspire people to do the right thing.

I feel bad for Hillary and Hillary supporters. She would be a great candidate as well ... she seems to be a great person and while I do think our country is sexist, I don't think men are not voting for her because of sexism. I just think Obama is a better candidate. She might be a great VP ... but we shall see.

As for music ... we had a great weekend in PT. We stayed with Orion's parents who are incredible cooks and incredible people. They are so active and interesting and have carved out a little piece of paradise in their Washington alcove. Band-mate Todd wrote an awesome blog about our experiences this past weekend, although he never had the opportunity to sample food from his favorite cafe - the Tyler Street Coffee House. I love Port Townsend. Check out his blog here:

http://www.beautifulfunnysadandtrue.com/a-great-weekend-in-pt/

Also, if you haven't seen our video yet, check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqsYWuxO8Hc

Alright ... well we are always trying to get the word out about FENBI but have been pretty tired recently. If anyone wants to help ... if any one has any ideas please give us a line ... please visit our myspace page:

www.myspace.com/fenbi

No comments: